The Naturopathy Professional Diploma Course offered by the School of Natural Medicine UK integrates the study of Naturopathy, Healing Diets, Herbal Medicine and Iridology. Naturopathy is a systemic approach to holistic natural medicine that recognises that the cause and cure of disease lies within the whole person – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
All students begin their Diploma Course studies by enrolling in the Naturopathy Online Certification Course. Immersions are then enrolled in at your own pace, as you progress with your studies. You do not need to enrol on or pay for your Immersion Trainings, until you are ready to do so. Immersion Trainings can be undertaken in any order and each Immersion is offered on alternate years. Once you have completed each Online Certification Course, you will receive professional certification and upon completion of relevant Immersion Trainings and the Self-Healing Module, you will then graduate with the Healing Diets Nutritional Consultant Diploma, Master Herbalist Diploma, Master Iridologist Diploma and Naturopathy Diploma.
In Healing Diets, Herbal Medicine, Naturopathy & Iridology, Essential Oils & Healing Touch, and Quantum Botanicals & Flower Essences
Hayley Porter HDNC, MH, MIr, ND
Naturopathy Diploma graduate
diet | herbal medicine | iridology | naturopathy
In the Naturopathy course you will discover the value of cause and effect, as you learn to use this natural law, along with diet, herbal medicine, essential oils, flower essences and supportive therapies to increase health and vitality, and to achieve balance, harmony and well being.
Naturopathy works with natural laws of living, and the principles of cleansing, rejuvenation and transformation to create effective programmes that integrate diet and lifestyle changes with emotional healing, supportive naturopathic therapies for acute and chronic conditions, cleansing, healing processes, herbal medicine, essential oils, and more.
Your clients will not only achieve relief of symptoms, they will achieve true health, as you educate them in preventative living, longevity and conscious respect in daily life. This course includes the study of diet and nutrition, cleansing and rejuvenation, supportive herbal treatments, Iridology, the full spectrum of naturopathic treatments and lifestyle, consultation skills, building a practice and more.
Students progress at their own pace and are personally mentored by Bonny Casel. Self Healing is a core part of this unique approach to study, which is combined with reading, research, writing, and expansive, creative projects, with a focus on understanding and personal experience, rather than simply rote memorisation – so that each student is empowered to embody and share their own learning, with depth of knowledge, integrity and authenticity.
Upon graduation, students receive the Master Herbalist, Master Iridologist, Healing Diets Nutritional Consultant and Naturopathy diplomas. When students complete all modules for the Naturopathy Professional Diploma, they also qualify as board certified Alternative Medical Practitioner with the AAMA. The Naturopathy Online Certification Course is also accredited by the AADP.
DOWNLOAD PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA QUICK REFERENCE PDF
DOWNLOAD FULL ONLINE CERTIFICATION COURSE PROSPECTUS
Self Healing Module – 3 month programme & support
Quantum Botanicals & Flower Essences 10 day Immersion Training
Naturopathy & Iridology 10 Day Immersion Training
Essential Oils & Healing Touch 10 day Immersion Training
Herbal Medicine 10 day Immersion Training
10 Day Immersion Training
Naturopathy Online Certification Course
12 monthly payments of £320
(comprised of Healing Diets, Iridology, Naturopathy and Herbal Medicine)
Discounted Payment in Full £2750
• Food and consciousness: emotions, cognition, depression, anxiety, gut health, etc.
• Tissue Salts
• Parasite cleansing
• Vegan diet: philosophy, practical application and menu inspiration
• Health consequences of eating animal products
• Environmental consequences of eating animal products
• Social consequences of eating animal products
• Economic consequences of eating animal products • Meat, dairy and egg replacers in recipes
• Vegan and vegetarian baking
• Food and Ethics
• Factory farming
• Genetically modified foods: health, environmental and economic/societal costs
• The seed industry
• Corporate food
• Litigation and school lunches
• Subsidised GMO farmers vs penalised organic farmers
• Slave labour in the food industry
• Codex Alimentarius
• Food additives
• Public Research - Private Gain: funding for food research/funding policies
• Changing food policies
• Food sovereignty
• Soil and health
• Organic farming: biodynamics and permaculture
• Self healing and independent health
• Creating a practice
• Creating a consultation space
• Practice promotion, websites and marketing
• Practice ethics and codes of conduct
• Consultation skills
• Healing Diets programme creation
• Diet and the immune system
• Lymphatic cleansing
• Diet and the nervous system
• Transition Diets
• Low glycemic diets
• Healing food habits: mealtime stories, food addiction, emotional eating and other eating disorders
• Oils and fats: raw, vegetable, nut and seed, methods of extraction, effects on health
• Creating a healing diets kitchen: tools, cookware
• Conscious eating: awareness, presentation, environment
• Menu inspiration
• Five elements: earth, water, fire, air and ether, and their relationship with diet
• Biological humours of Vata, Pita and Kapha
• The three Gunas and diet
• Six tastes: sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter and astringent
• Healing spices: dosha balancing and medicinal benefits of culinary spices
• Living foods: history, benefits and practice
• Fermented food and drinks
• Dehydrating foods
• Use of nuts and seeds in healing diets
• Raw food diets: transitioning to raw, raw food preparation, nutrient density, raw challenges, raw contraindications
• Assimilation of nutrient
• Diets for babies and children
• Diets for adolescence
• Diet for preparing for pregnancy, pregnancy and nursing
• Diet for health building and recovery
• Supportive diets for those on medication
• Diet for menopause
• Diet for the elderly
• Food and conditions for increasing beauty
• Nutrient density for athletes
• How the body utilises water in cell, organ, gland and systemic function.
• The effects of dehydration
• Water fasting: history, theory and practice
• Water quality, structure and preservation
• Water as a container for intention
• Juice fasting: history, theory and practice. Methods of juicing
• Liquitarian Diets
• Green drinks
• Produce hygiene
• Nutritional and medicinal properties of fruits and vegetables.
• Disease progression: enervation, toxaemia, irritation, inflammation, ulceration, induration, fungation
• Steps to overcoming disease
• The eliminative organs and now to support them with diet, herbs and naturopathic therapies
• Detox symptoms and naturopathic treatments
• Bowel cleansing: theory and practice
• Digestive health and longevity
• In-depth study of the digestive system and enteric nervous system
• Liver and gallbladder cleansing: theory and practice
• Stomach cleansing and healing
• Nutritional support for body organs, systems and glands
• Kidney stone cleansing and urinary system support
• Wheatgrass, chlorophyl and Rejuvelac: benefits and use
• Purification Diet
• Food combining
• Alkaline diet: effects of pH on body cells, organs, glands and systems, and on mental and emotional health
• Minerals, vitamins, proteins, starch, fats, sugars, enzymes, antioxidants, phytonutrients pre and probiotics, life force in food, and their roles in body function
• Chemistry of herbs
• Naming and identifying plants
• Collecting herbs and preparing herbarium specimens
• Plant classification appendix
• Pharmacy and dispensary
• How to set up a pharmacy
• Methods of herbal application
• First aid treatment
• Acute conditions
• Pill making
• Smoking herbs
• Syrups and tinctures
• Materia Medica (116 primary herbs, plus dozens of supportive herbs) - action, active ingredients, activity, applications, aromatherapy, astrology, Ayurveda, cautions, contraindications, chakras, elements, emotions, Chinese medicine, combinations, cultivation, dosage, energetics, flower essences, formulas, habitat, history, homeopathy, meridians, organs, names, nutrients, part used, personality, plant description, research, spiritual properties, substitutions, systems, taste, tissues, wildcrafting and preparation.
• Iatrogenic drug induced disease
• Herbs and healing
• Holistic perceptions
• Body, mind, spirit
• Vitamins and minerals for body organs, systems and glands
• History and Philosophy
• Use of herbs in ancient and traditional societies
• Chemistry of herbs
• Climate, soil, active principles
• Collecting, harvesting, storage
• Food as Medicine
• Food addictions
• Effects of diet, coffee, alcohol, drugs, etc., on the healing process
• Creating herbal formulas
• Prescription symbols
• Herbal pharmacy terminology
• Contraindications for a range of situations
• Body systems and herbal medicine (anatomy and physiology is taught by body system and integrated through the course
• Reproductive system in the iris
• Respiratory system in the iris
• Urinary system in the iris
• Skeletal and muscular systems in the iris
• Iridian psychology
• Rayid model
• Flower essences, emotional healing and Iridology
• Eliminative channels in the iris
• European constitutional types
• Faridian constitutional types
• Holistic anatomy and physiology
• Nervous system in the iris
• Digestive system in the iris
• Circulatory system in the iris
• Lymphatic system in the iris
• Endocrine system in the iris
• History and Philosophy of Iridology - from 1000 BC to today
• Foundation of Natural Medicine
• Symbolic language of the interior world
• Iris topography
• Iris drawing
• Iris texture
• Basic Iris Signs
• Sexuality and Reproduction
• Life Habits
• A Healing Home
• Personal Hygiene
• Inner and Outer Ecology
• Healing Processes
• Healing Crisis/Achievement
• Psychology of Illness/Wellness
• Cleansing and Purification
• Case Taking
• Consultation Skills
• Methods of analysis
• Healing Centres/Sanitariums
• Complete system of nature cure
• Dozens of individual treatments
• Chronic Disease and Treatment
• Relieving stress of chronic conditions
• Reversing disease process
• Earth Elemental Energetics
• Water Elemental Energetics
• Fire Elemental Energetics
• Air Elemental Energetics
• Ether Elemental Energetics
• Polarity Therapy
• Earth therapies
• Water Therapies
• Bowel cleansing
• Constitutional diagnosis and treatment
• Effects of system weakness
• Vibrational healing
• Emotional Healing
• History and Philosophy of Naturopathy
• What is Health? What is Cure?
• Laws of Living
• Laws of Cure
• Health/Disease Continuum
• Acute disease and treatment
• Suppresion vs Elimination
• The effects of inflammataion
• Holistic Anatomy & Physiology
• 9 Body Systems
• Lymphatic System
• Circulatory System
• Reproductive System
• Endocrine System
• Respiratory System
• Digestive System
• Urinary System
• Musculoskeletal System
• Nervous System
Essential Oils & Healing Touch Immersion details
Quantum Botanicals & Flower Essences
Essential Oils &
Quantum Botanical& Flower Essences
The Healing Diets Immersion is a delicious, delightful hands-on education in raw food preparation that provides the foundation for inspired, creative use of therapeutic nutrient dense foods.
Students participate in establishing the rhythms of a living food kitchen, including sprouting and fermentation, a range of dehydrating projects, juicing, green drinks, raw desserts, sauces, nut and seed butters, and much more.
Over the course of 10 days, food preparation moves from cleansing to health building, culminating in gourmet raw food preparation. Exploration of culinary herbs and spices add to this foundation for increased flavor, support for health issues and focused balancing of the doshas. Each day students prepare and enjoy a living foods feast, along with a range of lightly cooked vegan dishes.
Practical time in the kitchen is interspersed with lectures that explore different facets of the material taught in the Healing Diets and Quantum Botanicals online courses, with a focus on integrating healing diets studies with mind-body healing and evolution of consciousness.
In this Immersion you will learn the skills to bring magic and inspiration into your relationship with food, along with the foundation to share this knowledge with others.
"From the deepest part of me I thank you for the Healing Diets Immersion; I had a truly wonderful experience in your beautiful home, in wonderful landscape, preparing and eating incredible food with such inspiring people. Those few weeks have become a refuge to return to in my mind, a true source of inspiration."
Emma Turner Healing Diets Nutritional Consultant student
Healing Diets Immersion
Each medicinal plant that we learn about, experience and befriend offers a lifetime of healing support. The Herbal Medicine Immersion provides the foundation for a lifetime of exploration, with respect and appreciation for the natural world.
The Herbal Medicine Immersion instils an authentic relationship with plant medicine in daily practice, as students explore the multi-dimensional therapeutic qualities of plants through hands-on creation of formulae, tinctures, salves, ointments, distillations, infused oils, flower essences and experiential treatment with poultices, packs and foot baths.
Knowledge of the medicinal and nutritive properties of herbs in clinical practice is grounded in experience of direct perception plant communication, plant recognition, elemental properties expressed through plant colour, structure and signature, ethical harvesting and foraging, plant drying and storage, and pharmacy protocols, so that students develop a relationship with the energetics of nature and learn to work in harmony with plant rhythms and intention.
"The Herbal Medicine Immersion was wonderful! I felt I was living in another world. An invaluable knowledge and deep generousity comforted us for two weeks. I glimpsed many ideas about how to work with plants and certainly I am looking at nature, gardens, plants and flowers with a new eye. Thank you Bonny!
Giorgia Mesquita - Healing Diets Nutritional Consultant graduate and Herbal Medicine Complete student
Herbal Medicine Immersion
This 10 day Immersion integrates the philosophy and practice of traditional Naturopathy, with current understanding of holistic systemic anatomy and physiology, how the body develops acute and chronic disease and the role that the eliminative channels play in increasing health and vitality. Naturopathic therapies are introduced to support elimination, relieve detox symptoms, increase strength and vitality, support constitutional strengths and weakness and balance elemental energetics.
Iridology studies begin with iris structure, markings, body systems, eliminative channels and in-depth exploration of constitutional types. Iris presentation of mind-body dynamics and inherent pathways to health and disease are considered in the context of heart-brain coherence, psychoneuroimmunology and systemic mind-body healing.
Course topics include:
∙ Philosophy and principles of natural medicine in practice
∙ 9 Pillars of Prevention
∙ Consultation skills
∙ Creating Holistic Naturopathic programmes
∙ The 5 Elements and Naturopathic Therapies
∙ Iris Structure and Markings
∙ Iris Color
∙ 9 Body Systems in the Iris
∙ Iris Constitutions
∙ Iris Drawing and Photography
∙ Iris mind mapping and creative Iris Mandala project
∙ Introduction to Rayid Analysis and mind-body dynamics in the iris
∙ Integration of Naturopathy, Iridology, Diet and Herbal Medicine in self care, self healing and clinical practice
∙ Clinical Training
Each student's iris will be photographed and analysed as a group, and we will create an integrated self healing programme for each student that includes systemic herbal medicine, diet (cleansing and health building), preventative care, essential oils, flower essences, mind-body dynamic education and naturopathic therapies.
This Immersion is open to all students enrolled in a certificate or diploma course, as the course content is profoundly enriching to all areas of natural medicine study and practice.
Naturopathy & Iridology Immersion
The Quantum Botanicals Immersion encompasses a deep study of plant based vibrational medicine and flower essences. Studies begin with the fundamentals of 'What is Matter?' ‘What is Health?’ and ‘What is Cure?’ leading to an exploration of the science that underpins vibrational medicine.
Within the context of current understanding of energy, space, matter, organised energy fields, and the fractal nature of body, mind and emotions, students learn how the interconnectedness of mind and body can be harnessed to support self healing and evolution of consciousness.
Through lectures and experiential classes, students explore the world of plants, both physically and vibrationally, with reference to studies of plant consciousness, plant senses, the 12 Windows of Perception and human-plant resonance, leading to study of flower essences, felt sense, heart-brain coherence, brain hemisphere processing, the language of feeling and emotions, and the relationship between mental and emotional states, health and disease.
The study of flower essences is structured around the 38 Bach Flower Remedies as we learn about the 12 Healers (core personality types), the 12 Helpers (for when the core personality is obscured by long-term disassociation or environmental influences) and the 19 Situational Remedies (for current internal and/or external stresses and influences). Other flower essences systems are introduced and students are invited to explore their resonance with a range of essence producers including Flower Essences Services (FES) remedies, Icelandic Nature Essences, Alaskan Essences and others.
Every topic is fully integrated with the next, so that all topics are understood as a whole with a focus on developing therapeutic skills and creating effective programs, so that this knowledge can be used effectively in practice.
"It has been a very intense and profound immersion, every single day was worth it!"
Maurizio Ensaldo - HDNC, QBT Healing Diets Nutritional Consultant and Quantum Botanicals Therapist Graduate
Quantum Botanicals &
Flower Essences Immersion
The Essential Oils and Healing Touch Immersion focuses on experiential healing processes that combine essential oils with techniques to balance sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system function and heart-brain coherence, allowing for deeper connection and receptivity to self healing.
In the second week, healing processes shift to the study of Reflexology; a gentle format for exploring a range of healing touches and developing skills to bring clients into a deep state of relaxation where they are exceptionally open to the shifts in fractal progression offered by essential oils.
"I want to thank you again for the profound learning experience I had at the immersion. Stress and anxiety is rampant in society, and is at the foundation of so many health issues, and in only 10 days you taught me skills that have been life altering for me and for each client that I have shared them with. I've used essential oils for many years with good results, but combining essential oils with healing touch takes this healing modality onto an entirely different level. The best analogy I can think of is that the healing properties of essential oils go from communicating to the mind and body in a whisper, to communicating like a heaven sent chorus. I am forever grateful for having found you and making the choice to become your student."
Liza Thoreau - HDNC, MI, MH, ND Naturopathy graduate
& HealingTouch Immersion
Un-mentored online study for those who wish to learn for their own enrichment and self-healing
Professional & board-accredited. Learn through individually mentored online study & in person, skills-based Immersion Training
Professional & board-accredited. Learn through individually mentored online study