With a focus on the systemic use of herbal formula and naturopathic herbal treatments, students are taught to treat the whole person rather than using treatment protocols for specific disease conditions and symptoms. This approach supports the body's own healing intelligence, and is in alignment with naturopathic principles, which are the guiding light of natural medicine. The course also teaches the core skills for creating your own herbal formula so that you can be truly independent as a practicing herbalist.
All students begin their Diploma Course studies by enrolling in the Herbal Medicine Complete Online Certification Course. Immersions are then enrolled in at your own pace, as you progress with your studies. You do not need to enrol on or pay for your Immersion Trainings, until you are ready to do so. Immersion Trainings can be undertaken in any order and each Immersion is offered on alternate years. Once you have completed each Online Certification Course, you will receive professional certification and upon completion of relevant Immersion Trainings and the Self-Healing Module, you will then graduate with each course diploma (see below), culminating in achieving your Master Herbalist diploma.
In Healing Diets, Herbal Medicine, Naturopathy & Iridology, Essential Oils & Healing Touch, and Quantum Botanicals & Flower Essences
Healing Diets, Herbal Medicine, and Iridology & The Foundation of Natural Medicine online courses
Suzanna Thelwall HDNC, HMC, HHP
Healing Diets Nutritional Consultant and Herbal Medicine graduate
diet | herbal medicine | iridology | pharmacy skills
The Master Herbalist course combines training in Healing Diets, cleansing and health building, culinary and medicinal herbs, a complete system of systemic herbal medicine, the foundation of natural medicine, including systemic anatomy and physiology, and an in-depth study of constitutional analysis and Iridology.
Our Master Herbalist Diploma Course offers a complete system of herbal formula founded on naturopathic principles and the extensive herbal wisdom of Dr. John Christopher, Bonny's first teacher of herbal medicine. Dr. Christopher was a leading pioneer of Western Herbal Medicine in the last century. The formula in the course were created by Farida Sharan, and are based on a systemic approach to herbal medicine.
The course also provides the foundation needed for identifying, harvesting and storing herbs, and for making tinctures, salves, fomentations, poultices, ovules, distillations, etc…as well as the fundamental knowledge needed to confidently create your own herbal formulae.
These studies are then fully integrated with the in-depth study of Healing Diets, the Foundation of Natural Medicine, including Holistic Anatomy and Physiology, Cleansing, Health Building and Iridology.
If you wish to create your own herbal practice and pharmacy, heal yourself, family and friends, create herbal products, import or export individual herbs, or practice herbal medicine in a clinical or retreat setting, this course provides comprehensive professional training to achieve your goals, and will remain a wealth of knowledge, wisdom and inspiration for years to come.
The Herbal Medicine Complete Online Certification Course is accredited by AADP. Upon graduation, students receive the Master Herbalist, Master Iridologist and Healing Diets Nutritional Consultant Professional Diplomas. When students complete all modules for the Master Herbalist Professional Diploma, they also qualify as board certified Alternative Medical Practitioners with the AAMA.
DOWNLOAD all course option QUICK REFERENCE PDF
DOWNLOAD master herbalist DIPLOMA PROSPECTUS
DOWNLOAD FULL ONLINE CERTIFICATION COURSE PROSPECTUS
Self Healing Module – 3 month programme & support
Quantum Botanicals & Flower Essences 5 day Immersion Training
Naturopathy & Iridology 5 Day Immersion Training
Essential Oils & Healing Touch 5 day Immersion Training
Herbal Medicine 5 day Immersion Training
5 Day Immersion Training
Master Herbalist Online Certification Course
12 monthly payments of £320
(comprised of Healing Diets, Iridology & the Foundation of Natural Medicine, and Herbal Medicine)
Discounted Payment in Full £3400
• Food and consciousness: emotions, cognition, depression, anxiety, gut health, etc.
• Tissue Salts
• Parasite cleansing
• Vegan diet: philosophy, practical application and menu inspiration
• Health consequences of eating animal products
• Environmental consequences of eating animal products
• Social consequences of eating animal products
• Economic consequences of eating animal products • Meat, dairy and egg replacers in recipes
• Vegan and vegetarian baking
• Food and Ethics
• Factory farming
• Genetically modified foods: health, environmental and economic/societal costs
• The seed industry
• Corporate food
• Litigation and school lunches
• Subsidised GMO farmers vs penalised organic farmers
• Slave labour in the food industry
• Codex Alimentarius
• Food additives
• Public Research - Private Gain: funding for food research/funding policies
• Changing food policies
• Food sovereignty
• Soil and health
• Organic farming: biodynamics and permaculture
• Self healing and independent health
• Creating a practice
• Creating a consultation space
• Practice promotion, websites and marketing
• Practice ethics and codes of conduct
• Consultation skills
• Healing Diets programme creation
• Diet and the immune system
• Lymphatic cleansing
• Diet and the nervous system
• Transition Diets
• Low glycemic diets
• Healing food habits: mealtime stories, food addiction, emotional eating and other eating disorders
• Oils and fats: raw, vegetable, nut and seed, methods of extraction, effects on health
• Creating a healing diets kitchen: tools, cookware
• Conscious eating: awareness, presentation, environment
• Menu inspiration
• Five elements: earth, water, fire, air and ether, and their relationship with diet
• Biological humours of Vata, Pita and Kapha
• The three Gunas and diet
• Six tastes: sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter and astringent
• Healing spices: dosha balancing and medicinal benefits of culinary spices
• Living foods: history, benefits and practice
• Fermented food and drinks
• Dehydrating foods
• Use of nuts and seeds in healing diets
• Raw food diets: transitioning to raw, raw food preparation, nutrient density, raw challenges, raw contraindications
• Assimilation of nutrient
• Diets for babies and children
• Diets for adolescence
• Diet for preparing for pregnancy, pregnancy and nursing
• Diet for health building and recovery
• Supportive diets for those on medication
• Diet for menopause
• Diet for the elderly
• Food and conditions for increasing beauty
• Nutrient density for athletes
• How the body utilises water in cell, organ, gland and systemic function.
• The effects of dehydration
• Water fasting: history, theory and practice
• Water quality, structure and preservation
• Water as a container for intention
• Juice fasting: history, theory and practice. Methods of juicing
• Liquitarian Diets
• Green drinks
• Produce hygiene
• Nutritional and medicinal properties of fruits and vegetables.
• Disease progression: enervation, toxaemia, irritation, inflammation, ulceration, induration, fungation
• Steps to overcoming disease
• The eliminative organs and now to support them with diet, herbs and naturopathic therapies
• Detox symptoms and naturopathic treatments
• Bowel cleansing: theory and practice
• Digestive health and longevity
• In-depth study of the digestive system and enteric nervous system
• Liver and gallbladder cleansing: theory and practice
• Stomach cleansing and healing
• Nutritional support for body organs, systems and glands
• Kidney stone cleansing and urinary system support
• Wheatgrass, chlorophyl and Rejuvelac: benefits and use
• Purification Diet
• Food combining
• Alkaline diet: effects of pH on body cells, organs, glands and systems, and on mental and emotional health
• Minerals, vitamins, proteins, starch, fats, sugars, enzymes, antioxidants, phytonutrients pre and probiotics, life force in food, and their roles in body function
• Naming and identifying plants
• Collecting herbs and preparing herbarium specimens
• Plant classification appendix
• Pharmacy and dispensary
• How to set up a pharmacy
• Methods of herbal application
• First aid treatment
• Acute conditions
• Pill making
• Smoking herbs
• Syrups and tinctures
• Materia Medica (116 primary herbs, plus dozens of supportive herbs) - action, active ingredients, activity, applications, aromatherapy, astrology, Ayurveda, cautions, contraindications, chakras, elements, emotions, Chinese medicine, combinations, cultivation, dosage, energetics, flower essences, formulas, habitat, history, homeopathy, meridians, organs, names, nutrients, part used, personality, plant description, research, spiritual properties, substitutions, systems, taste, tissues, wildcrafting and preparation.
• Iatrogenic drug induced disease
• Herbs and healing
• Holistic perceptions
• Body, mind, spirit
• Vitamins and minerals for body organs, systems and glands
• Chemistry of herbs
• History and Philosophy
• Use of herbs in ancient and traditional societies
• Chemistry of herbs
• Climate, soil, active principles
• Collecting, harvesting, storage
• Food as Medicine
• Food addictions
• Effects of diet, coffee, alcohol, drugs, etc., on the healing process
• Creating herbal formulas
• Prescription symbols
• Herbal pharmacy terminology
• Contraindications for a range of situations
• Body systems and herbal medicine (anatomy and physiology is taught by body system and integrated through the course
• Reproductive system in the iris
• Respiratory system in the iris
• Urinary system in the iris
• Skeletal and muscular systems in the iris
• Iridian psychology
• Rayid model
• Flower essences, emotional healing and Iridology
• Eliminative channels in the iris
• European constitutional types
• Faridian constitutional types
• Holistic anatomy and physiology
• Nervous system in the iris
• Digestive system in the iris
• Circulatory system in the iris
• Lymphatic system in the iris
• Endcrine system in the iris
• History and Philosophy of Iridology - from 1000 BC to today
• Foundation of Natural Medicine
• Symbolic language of the interior world
• Iris topography
• Iris drawing
• Iris texture
• Basic Iris Signs
Essential Oils & Healing Touch Immersion details
Quantum Botanicals & Flower Essences
Essential Oils &
Quantum Botanical& Flower Essences
Naturopathy & Iridology
The Healing Diets Immersion is a delicious, delightful hands-on education in raw food preparation that provides the foundation for inspired, creative use of therapeutic nutrient dense foods.
Students participate in establishing the rhythms of a living food kitchen, including sprouting and fermentation, a range of dehydrating projects, juicing, green drinks, raw desserts, sauces, nut and seed butters, and much more.
Over the course of 5 days, food preparation moves from cleansing to health building, culminating in gourmet raw food preparation. Exploration of culinary herbs and spices add to this foundation for increased flavour, support for health issues and focused balancing of the doshas. Each day students prepare and enjoy a living foods feast, along with a range of lightly cooked vegan dishes.
Practical time in the kitchen is interspersed with lectures that explore different facets of the material taught in the Healing Diets and Quantum Botanicals online courses, with a focus on integrating healing diets studies with mind-body healing and evolution of consciousness.
In this Immersion you will learn the skills to bring magic and inspiration into your relationship with food, along with the foundation to share this knowledge with others.
"From the deepest part of me I thank you for the Healing Diets Immersion; I had a truly wonderful experience in your beautiful home, in wonderful landscape, preparing and eating incredible food with such inspiring people. Those few weeks have become a refuge to return to in my mind, a true source of inspiration."
Emma Turner Healing Diets Nutritional Consultant student
Healing Diets Immersion
The Herbal Medicine Immersion focuses on the core practice, consultation and programme creation skills required for effective practice.
Consultation skills are developed in alignment with the principles of Naturopathic practice; thus training students how to establish a genuinely holistic patient-practitioner relationship. Practice and Pharmacy administration protocols and development are also explored, with the opportunity for students to refine their vision for their future practice.
Knowledge of the medicinal and nutritive properties of herbs in clinical practice is grounded alongside systemic anatomy and physiology, diet, lifestyle and supportive therapies, so that students approach programme creation holistically and within the context of the unique lives of their clients.
"The Herbal Medicine Immersion was wonderful! I felt I was living in another world. An invaluable knowledge and deep generousity comforted us throughout. I glimpsed many ideas about how to work with plants and certainly I am looking at nature, gardens, plants and flowers with a new eye. Thank you Bonny!
Giorgia Mesquita Herbal Medicine Complete student
Herbal Medicine Immersion
This 5 day Immersion integrates the philosophy and practice of traditional Naturopathy, with current understanding of holistic systemic anatomy and physiology, how the body develops acute and chronic disease and the role that the eliminative channels play in increasing health and vitality. Naturopathic therapies are introduced to support elimination, relieve detox symptoms, increase strength and vitality, support constitutional strengths and weakness and balance elemental energetics.
Iridology studies begin with iris structure, markings, body systems, eliminative channels and in-depth exploration of constitutional types. Iris presentation of mind-body dynamics and inherent pathways to health and disease are considered in the context of heart-brain coherence, psychoneuroimmunology and systemic mind-body healing.
Course topics include:
∙ Philosophy and principles of natural medicine in practice
∙ 9 Pillars of Prevention
∙ Consultation skills
∙ Creating Holistic Naturopathic programmes
∙ The 5 Elements and Naturopathic Therapies
∙ Iris Structure and Markings
∙ Iris Color
∙ 9 Body Systems in the Iris
∙ Iris Constitutions
∙ Iris Drawing and Photography
∙ Iris mind mapping and creative Iris Mandala project
∙ Introduction to Rayid Analysis and mind-body dynamics in the iris
∙ Integration of Naturopathy, Iridology, Diet and Herbal Medicine in self care, self healing and clinical practice
∙ Clinical Training
Each student's iris will be photographed and analysed as a group, and we will create an integrated self healing programme for each student that includes systemic herbal medicine, diet (cleansing and health building), preventative care, essential oils, flower essences, mind-body dynamic education and naturopathic therapies.
This Immersion is open to all students enrolled in a certificate or diploma course, as the course content is profoundly enriching to all areas of natural medicine study and practice.
Naturopathy & Iridology Immersion
The Quantum Botanicals Immersion encompasses a deep study of plant based vibrational medicine and flower essences. Studies begin with the fundamentals of 'What is Matter?' ‘What is Health?’ and ‘What is Cure?’ leading to an exploration of the science that underpins vibrational medicine.
Within the context of current understanding of energy, space, matter, organised energy fields, and the fractal nature of body, mind and emotions, students learn how the interconnectedness of mind and body can be harnessed to support self healing and evolution of consciousness.
Through lectures and experiential classes, students explore the world of plants, both physically and vibrationally, with reference to studies of plant consciousness, plant senses, the 12 Windows of Perception and human-plant resonance, leading to study of flower essences, felt sense, heart-brain coherence, brain hemisphere processing, the language of feeling and emotions, and the relationship between mental and emotional states, health and disease.
The study of flower essences is structured around the 38 Bach Flower Remedies as we learn about the 12 Healers (core personality types), the 12 Helpers (for when the core personality is obscured by long-term disassociation or environmental influences) and the 19 Situational Remedies (for current internal and/or external stresses and influences). Other flower essences systems are introduced and students are invited to explore their resonance with a range of essence producers including Flower Essences Services (FES) remedies, Icelandic Nature Essences, Alaskan Essences and others.
Every topic is fully integrated with the next, so that all topics are understood as a whole with a focus on developing therapeutic skills and creating effective programs, so that this knowledge can be used effectively in practice.
"It has been a very intense and profound immersion, every single day was worth it!"
Maurizio Ensaldo Healing Diets Nutritional Consultant graduate and Quantum Botanicals student
Quantum Botanicals &
Flower Essences Immersion
The Essential Oils and Healing Touch Immersion focuses on experiential healing processes that combine essential oils with techniques to balance sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system function and heart-brain coherence, allowing for deeper connection and receptivity to self healing.
As classes progress, healing processes shift to the study of Reflexology; a gentle format for exploring a range of healing touches and developing skills to bring clients into a deep state of relaxation where they are exceptionally open to the shifts in fractal progression offered by essential oils.
"I want to thank you again for the profound learning experience I had at the immersion. Stress and anxiety is rampant in society, and is at the foundation of so many health issues, and in only 10 days you taught me skills that have been life altering for me and for each client that I have shared them with. I've used essential oils for many years with good results, but combining essential oils with healing touch takes this healing modality onto an entirely different level. The best analogy I can think of is that the healing properties of essential oils go from communicating to the mind and body in a whisper, to communicating like a heaven sent chorus. I am forever grateful for having found you and making the choice to become your student."
Liza Thoreau HDNC, MI, MH, ND Naturopathy graduate
& HealingTouch Immersion
Professional & board-accredited. Learn through individually mentored online study & in person, skills-based Immersion Training
Professional & board-accredited. Learn through individually mentored online study